Carroll School is a dynamic independent day school for elementary and middle school students who have been diagnosed with language-based learning disabilities, such as dyslexia.
This position is a member of a the Carroll School Counseling Team, providing direct services to students, plus consultation to parents and teachers regarding social, emotional, organizational, health and/or family related concerns.
· Provide brief individual counseling and crisis intervention services for students in grades 1-5 identified by teachers as having adjustment issues.
· Lead social skills and friendship groups for students in elementary and middle school.
· Able to function as an integral participant in teaching teams and provide consultation to faculty and staff around social-emotional components of language-based learning difficulties as necessary.
· Work with speech and language department to coordinate efforts for the students.
· May attend parent conferences or IEP meetings as needed.
· Lead community building classes grades 1-4.
· Support and implement Responsive Classroom approach.
· Master’s Degree in Counseling or Social Work.
· Experienced LICSW or LICSW eligible strongly preferred.
· Experience in school environment preferred.
· Good capacity to relate to students and parents required.
Carroll School offers a competitive salary and benefits package as well as professional development opportunities. Carroll School is an equal opportunity employer.